|Certified Scrum Product Owner|
|Location||UC Davis Extension, Room #209|
Saturday, September 15th and Sunday, September 16th
8 AM to 5 PM
$850 through 9/14
Certified Scrum Product Owner Event Details
This is a 2-day event. Each day's hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Go Platinum- and experience what world-class training can do.
Our immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum- just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
• Famed thought leader and author of "Agile Project Management for Dummies" Mark Layton, also known as Mr. Agile®, a double MBA who has successfully built multiple companies and understands firsthand the business side of Scrum
• All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few agile consulting firms that have been in business for over a decade
• Post-course assessment and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
• Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMI’s PMP and PMI-ACP certifications by a PMI Registered Education Provider®
• Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance
• A 132-page student guide for note taking and future reference
This certification course provides an detailed understanding of the scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling.
In addition, this course provides a thorough overview of the product owner’s role within a scrum team for maximizing product business value.
Scrum methods support responsible development that:
When this course has been completed, attendees will have gained in-depth practical knowledge of the scrum system and its benefits and the product owner role.
This course assumes basic understanding of agile development. Attending our Certified Scrum Master or Agile Essentials class prior to this course is recommended, but not necessary.
Topics included in this course are:
• Scrum concepts
• In-depth understanding of the product owner role, including
• Scrum artifacts
• Scrum meetings
• Tips on, techniques for and benefits of helping clients and management understand the scrum system.
• How to transition into use of scrum, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
Presented by Mark C. Layton
MARK LAYTON is an industry-recognized expert on project/program management and active coach on complex Agile implementations.
He is the Los Angeles chair for the Agile Project Leadership Network and the founder of Platinum Edge, Inc., an organization improvement company that supports businesses looking to strategically improve project ROI.
Mark holds MBAs from the University of California, Los Angeles, and the National University of Singapore; a B.Sc. (summa cum laude) in Behavioral Science from Pitzer College/University of La Verne; and an A.S. in Electronic Systems from the Air Force’s Air College. He is also a Distinguished Graduate of the Air Force’s Leadership School, a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), and a Certified Scrum Trainer.
He is the author of Wiley & Sons “Agile Project Management for Dummies” series and is a frequent speaker on Lean, Scrum and other agile solutions.